Would you consider yourself a master of complicated network issues? Have you created secure cloud environments based on Microsoft’s Azure platform? Do you enjoy working with clients, partners, and colleagues to solve real world business problems? If so, then this position may be for you.
ADNET Technologies, LLC is seeking a skilled Senior Systems Engineer to provide high-level support to our clients through creative leading-edge technical solutions. In addition, you may also be responsible for the management of technical level 2 and 3 projects.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Systems Engineer position will possess exceptional technical and interpersonal skills, be highly organized and motivated, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team. Every day will present you with new and interesting challenges that will test your technical abilities as well as your problem-solving skills. This is an opportunity to represent the brand of a rapidly growing, cloud-first, company and to make a difference for our clients. Previous experience at a Managed Service Provider (MSP) is preferred.
This position requires a blend of travel to client sites combined with remote work. Travel to ADNET locations may be required. The position is primarily based in NY.
- Assemble, configure, build, support and maintain cloud and on-premises network environments effectively and efficiently for clients
- Work with clients at their location or remote to resolve technical problems
- Deploy new technologies with emphasis on cloud-based systems including facilitation of network connectivity to applications, published applications and virtual desktop deployments
- Rollout of ADNET’s managed service toolsets by internally set standards
- Recommending proactive solutions to recurring issues
- Functioning as part of a client engagement team and keeping client engagement managers and other involved parties informed of problems, progress on issues and resolutions
- Mentor and train, through knowledge share, junior members of the IS team.
- Maintaining information regarding solutions and client changes and tracking service tickets in ADNET’s Professional Service Automation system
- Staying abreast of industry changes and new technologies that have impact to our clients
- Minimum of associate degree or minimum 4 years network design and installation experience, or 3 years in network design or installation plus 2 years of relative IT experience. Two industry certifications are required. (Microsoft Role Based, MCSE, MCSA and/or Cisco CCNA, or equivalent, certifications.)
- Minimum of 5 years in a network support role including Windows server support
- A demonstrated aptitude working with computers, LANs, operating systems, cloud-based technologies, mobile devices and various software applications
- Experience using a PSA or Help Desk ticket system is a plus
- Ability to make decisions in matters of significance.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle for transportation to and from ADNET’s office and client locations as required. Occasional overnight travel required to attend training or visit a client site.
- Must be driven and well-organized
- Excellent customer service skills as well as written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Keen attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to thrive working both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency managing multiple projects under tight deadlines, with the ability to effectively balance priorities and meet assigned goals
- An aptitude and a desire for continual learning with the ability to pick up new systems quickly
Why Work at ADNET?
If you’re passionate about technology, eager to learn and love the thrill of making a positive difference, let’s connect about IT jobs! ADNET Technologies’ vision is to be the partner of choice for our clients and the best place to work for our employees. We’re passionate about keeping our team healthy, challenged and fulfilled, and our policies, people and workplace all reflect that. Everyone on our team can contribute to our culture and company strategy and truly make a difference.
Benefits for the Modern Workforce
ADNET Technologies offers progressive benefits packages, including a 100% covered healthcare option, a 401K match and a Responsible Time Off (RTO) policy that doesn’t limit the amount of time any employee can take off.
Our remote working policy offers employees the flexibility they need to do their jobs from anywhere. Employees receive the tools they need to collaborate in their jobs and connect with any member of the team, regardless of where they’re physically based. Based on employee feedback, ADNET Technologies is one of the Best Places to Work in Connecticut from 2014 – 2020.
Apply for This Position
To apply for the Senior Systems Engineer position, please click here.