Are you technically skilled and love working with people? Do you get excited for the challenge to apply your technical skills to solve real world business problems? Are you interested in deepening your technical skills? If so, then this TAC Engineer position may be for you.
ADNET Technologies, LLC is seeking a Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Engineer to support our clients by providing creative leading-edge technical solutions and support to our clients. In addition, this role is focused heavily on resolving client issues, executing on projects and responding to automated alerts.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional technical and interpersonal skills, be highly organized and motivated, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team. Every day will present you with new and interesting challenges that will test your technical abilities as well as your problem-solving skills. This is an opportunity to represent the brand of a rapidly growing company and to make a difference for our clients.
The position of TAC Engineer is primarily remote, however from time-to-time travel between locations, including ADNET’s Farmington, CT office, may be required.
Benefits for the Modern Workforce
ADNET Technologies offers progressive benefits packages, including a 100% covered healthcare option, a 401K match, Employee Assistance Programs and a Responsible Time Off (RTO) policy that doesn’t limit the amount of time any employee can take off. We also offer paid training, bonuses and incentive plans, professional development, employee recognition programs and more.
Our remote working policy offers employees the flexibility they need to do their jobs from anywhere. Employees receive the tools they need to collaborate in their jobs and connect with any member of the team, regardless of where they’re physically based.
Based on employee feedback, ADNET Technologies is one of the Best Places to Work in Connecticut from 2014 – 2020.
- Provide remote or on-site level 2 technical support to ADNET clients based on established procedures through various support mediums (telephone, email and remote)
- Actively manage assigned tickets, projects and follow-ups to ensure that they’re addressed in a timely fashion
- Recommend proactive solutions to recurring support issues
- Perform preventative maintenance on servers and workstations for our clients
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Windows operating systems and applications, virtual environments and backup systems
- Install and configure managed service application, setup patch policies and proactive maintenance
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Support and maintain ADNET internal network systems
- Handle administrative duties to maintain good client and vendor relations
- Stay current on industry trends and technology, which may affect operations or client expectations
- Education: A minimum of an Associate’s Degree or minimum 3-5 years equivalent technical experience.
- One industry certification or equivalent experience.
- Skill Level: Must possess a thorough understanding of IP networking and ability to troubleshoot/analyze/resolve hardware and software issues remotely. Experience in Microsoft Windows server and desktop environments. Working knowledge of switching, routing and firewall technology.
- Ability to thrive working both independently and in a team environment. Be willing to mentor other team members.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of customers having different levels of computer expertise.
- Maintain effective and timely communication with the Client Experience Coordinator (triage) team to keep them informed on the status of all assignments
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing with appropriate detail to the customers and ADNET staff members in a manner that is both courteous and professional
- Excellent customer service skills – personable, courteous, and professional
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle for transportation to and from ADNET’s offices and client locations as required.
Apply for this Job
About ADNET Technologies
Founded in 1991, ADNET Technologies is a SOC II, Type 2 Compliant IT management and security firm with offices in Farmington, CT and Albany, NY. ADNET works closely with clients to provide industry-leading service across three core areas – Managed IT Services, Security, and Cloud – and is distinguished by its human-centered approach to client engagements.
Embodying a people-first culture both internally and externally, ADNET has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Connecticut by the Hartford Business Journal each of the last seven years, and as a top global Managed IT Service Provider by Channel Futures’ MSP 501 for two consecutive years. For more information, visit thinkadnet.com.